Saturday, May 01, 2010

A day off

It's 1st of May which is National day in Slovenia (is it the same in America?) so we all stayed at home. It's Saturday so a lot of people wouldn't have to go to work anyway.

It was a warm, sunny day so my parents decided to go to my grandma's where they keep a pretty big garden and it's pretty and since I was alone + got a big wave of inspiration, I decided to do some creating. It was so great to be alone the whole day and just do ANYTHING I wanted:
- I read a bit of The shack (a book that I'm reading at the moment)
- I sat on the balcony for a while so I would get some tan on my face (it didn't really work)
- I made myself really yummy lunch (no wonder people don't know I'm a good cook if I only cook for myself)
- I watched the new episode of Grey's Anatomy
AND
- I did lots of art while listening to a great Christian music :)
I'm gonna finish my day by reading a bit of The shack and then reading a few chapters of the Bible (I decided to read the whole Bible in a year) and I'll just try to spend a little time with God. I'm kind of sorry I didn't do that during the day even though I was talking to Him while thoughts were running through my head (you know, when you think of a person or some people and you think of a memory with them and then you just pray for them or for the memory or.. I don't know. Does this make sense?)

I could have a day off every day. I feel like a true artist whos job is to create. I wouldn't survive as an artist, though, because I give all my paintings and creations to people as a gift. Even if I work on one piece for a lot of time, I don't have a heart to sell it. It's the best feeling in the world to see people happy when they get a gift (even if it's a small one) and they're not as happy if they have to buy it, no matter how much they want it.

It was an awesome day even though I stayed at home all day, by myself, despite the beautiful and sunny weather.
I took care of my soul and I filled my batteries.

I feel good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment