Thursday, June 17, 2010

New side of art

Today wasn't a really good day for me BUT it got better!

I went to the art shop to buy some paper for English camp's art class (we're gonna make our own bookmarks) and I started talking to the lady that works there about the difference between acrylic and oil paint and then we started talking about the new collection of acrylic paint that's called OPEN acrylics. It's the same as regular acrylic paint except it stays "open" for about a week (regular acrylic paint stays "open" (wet) for a couple of minutes) so it's more like oil paint but it's easier to use and it costs a bit more.
I've only been using regular acrylic paint because it's not really expensive and it's easy to use but I've been wanting to try oil paint for a while now and I don't have the money for all the colors and I don't have a place where I could leave my paintings to dry for a couple of years.

Anyway, the art lady gave a sample of Open acrylics! Isn't that amazing?!? :)
Now I can try painting with them and see if I'll even like them.

Oh, I can just see myself when I grow up and become a big girl. I'm gonna live in a small house with a garden where all of my art stuff will be and right next to my home I'll have a coffee shop/library/diner/florist's shop.

It probably doesn't make any sense but I have a clear picture of my dream life.
I'm sure God has a different picture in his head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment