Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Amazing people, great trip!

At castle camp I met so many great people and as I said before, the American team was the best and I got to meet 2 girls a bit better than the rest of them; Mallory and Michelle.

Michelle reminds me a bit of Anna Burnham (it's so hard to get used to the fact that she's married now!). She looks kind of like her and she's just the best. She's a bit older than me and has been a Christian her whole life so she helped me grow in my faith at castle camp a lot, probably without even knowing it. I think one of her spiritual gifts is a gift of wisdom; she could relate to my problems even though she's never had them before and she's really good at giving an advice.
Right now she's travelling around Europe - awesome! :)

Mallory.. well, that's another ver special girl, khm, young lady :)
She's younger than me but it seems like she's my age or older - very mature and at the same time very funny and relaxed and energetic :)
She's still in Slovenia, she doesn't leave until Aug 6th. She attended a couple of camps during the summer (in Slovenia) and is going to spend the rest of her time here hanging out with students in Radovljica and getting to know them better.
I really like spending time with her cuz I feel I can do anything when I'm around her.. I can laugh, be crazy and goofy and it won't matter. I feel free :) it's a really good feeling and I think I can be like that because she's like that and she's ok with it :)
We're similar in a lot of things but different at the same time! She was homeschooled (until she was 16, I think) and she's been a Christian her whole life. It's great to hear things from her life because it's so different than mine, partly because she's an american.
I might go and visit her in Seattle.. if I'll have money and time :)

So..
Mallory and I decided to spend a Saturday together - hanging out, going for a prayer walk (at Metelkova), eating kebab.. BUT since the Irish team went to the seaside on Saturday (Irish team helped at a camp in Radovljica) and Mallory really wanted to go, we decided to go with them! (Metka and Heather went with us as well).
We went to the Postojna cave (it was expensive but great!) and then to the seaside. We went for a quick swim and found out the water has 30°C - not cool at all! We ate a lot of ice cream and after dinner went to see Piran (yay!). It was so great to be in Piran with all of them (Piran is my favourite slovenian town), they all loved it!
Came back home at 11.30pm and went straight to bed, I was so exhausted! but it was a really good day and I loved spending more time with Mallory and I enjoyed meeting the Irish team.
(don't have pics yet, will put them on when I get them)

Right now we're preparing for Križ (it starts at the end of the week) and I'm ready to spend more time with God. My relationship with Him is not as good as it was at the castle camp - I've been working a lot and preparing things for Arts camp.. excuses, I know. I'm just really glad I'll have a lot of time at Križ. I miss spending time with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment