Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lift up the Light!

I first heard of Shane and Shane from Anna, she lent me their CD when I was 15, I think. I fell in love with them right away and even though I became a Christian 7 years later, Shane and Shane and their “Upstairs” album have been my favorite since then.
Now, Shane and Shane have just released a new album with worship team from their church, The Oaks Fellowship! It’s called “Lift up the Light” and it’s amazing! The lyrics are so deep and touchy, they describe our Lord in such a loving way and what I love the most about it is that when I listen to it, I can hear them smile while singing. One of the worst things for me is to see/hear a worship team worshipping God with a face without emotion OR with a face that’s expressing suffering (sometimes that’s appropriate)… but even though I can’t see them, I can only hear them, I can hear they worship with a smile on their face, with joyful attitude!

One of my favorite songs is Lift up the Light and before they sang it, they shared these verses from Revelation 21:21-24: “The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass. I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.“

And then they sang the song… it’s amazing. 

“You are the light of the world
Light of our darkness
Nations will walk by the light of the glory of the Holy God.”


I really recommend the album. It’s one of the best live worship albums I’ve ever heard.

1 comment:

  1. hi Mana!
    I haven't been to many Christian concerts, but I did get to see/hear/worship with Shane and Shane for David's birthday a couple of years ago. They really pointed my heart to God. It's cool to hear that their ministry to you has lasted for years! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete