Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A day off + a day of team time!

We had a day off yesterday so we went to visit my Bible College in Vajta, Hungary. We actually went with Miha, a friend from my youth group, because he's thinking of applying to Bible College and wanted to go and see it before he does.
We had a great time even though we were on the road for 8 hours. Our dinner was pizza in Slovenska Bistrica where we met with Karmen, one of the girls that goes to church in Maribor.
It really was great to see friends and pastors, to give a hug to Lynn and to try to encourage Miha to apply to that school. He's not sure if this school is the one God wants him at so you can pray that he'll hear the voice of the Lord, affirming whatever He wants for Miha, and for courage and boldness for Miha to step out in faith and obedience.

Miha, me, Margaret and Danny in front of Calvary Chapel Bible College

I'm in Ljubljana right now and I'm spending the night at home because we're going to help promoting English Camp in one of the High Schools tomorrow. We spend the day together with the whole team and had lots of fun (eating čevapčiči, drinking ice coffee and driving gocars) - I love being an intern! :) and we'll spend the next week and a half promoting camps which is really exciting!

God's been doing some work in me but what's going on in my heart right now is a bit confusing. There's a lot of spiritual things around all of us interns and you can see the enemy trying to get to us; he has some good tactics but we have the Holy Spirit to help us + protect us.

God is showing me step by step what ministry really looks like and... it's different than I thought. Not good, not better... just different. I'm trying not to go into anything with big expectations but with an open and willing heart, ready to serve. That's sometimes easier to say than to do but I need to remember what's my goal - to help saving souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment