Sunday, February 03, 2013

It's time! :)

The time has come when I need to leave with whatever I have packed and go to the airport to fly to Frankfurt and tomorrow to Ghana. How exciting is that! :)

I only have 16kg packed with me but we hope and pray we have everything we need. We mostly have things for the kids and people in northern Ghana + the basics of clothes for us.

I am nervous and excited at the same time.
Will you pray with us we have all the papers we need and everything else + that the enemy wont be able to stop us from entering Ghana? Please pray we will trust the Lord and surrender this whole trip to Him and let Him lead and open all the doors.


Thank you for being with us on this trip + for all the prayers! If I get a chance, I will update my blog and let you know what's going on while being in Ghana.

Blessings,
Mana

4 comments:

  1. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him! Praying with anticipation!
    Love to you and Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl,
    I just read your update and came to check it on your blog to comment here, but I guess you have not posted it yet (or do i not find it?)
    I am really excited for you and the Aikoos and pray the Lord opens all the doors in His perfect timing for you to follow Him to and then in Ghana, reaching people with the Good News and making disciples.
    And perhaps one day, when I am living in Nigeria, I will come visit you guys ;)
    Keep on trusting Jesus. He is always faithful to provide and on time, and I think the most amazing life is the one totally dependent on Him :) Mary Slessor is one of my heroines too, along with Gladys Aylward and many others...
    I will keep you in prayer.
    Oh, and I just wanted to share my opinion on the two greatest tools for preparation. I believe those are 1) studying culture and history as deep as possible 2) learning basic phrases in the most common tribal tongues. I speak from experience. All of my Nigerian friends are stoked every single time I write something in their own language - even if it is the same thing over and over again. They feel humbled by an "oyibo" (that is "nasara" in Ghana) making an effort to learn something of their culture they treasure and love so much more than us in the "Western" world.
    Once you are there, you can add emphasis to all this by wearing traditional outfits often and by eating and even cooking their traditional meals (even if with less hot peppers haha - Nigerian food was really hot, but Ghanian food was crazy hot for me)

    Love you and praying.
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, thank you for praying! I will update the blog in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabella,
    thank you for your comment. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store and how He's going to lead us to Ghana and in Ghana.
    We're already learning Kusaal language that is widely spoken in Upper Eastern Ghana, where we were. We're trying to find books or anything that would help. Thank you for you advice on deelpy studying their culture - will do that!
    I LOVE their traditional outfits - not so much their traditional meals :) but I think I can get used to them. Their food is really hot, yes! :)

    We'll talk more when I come for speakers week! :)

    Love, Mana

    ReplyDelete