Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Leap of Faith

My heart has always been centered on Africa. When I became a believer, I knew I wanted to be a missionary in Africa. When I went to Ghana in February, the Lord gave specific verses. I came back home to Slovenia and I thought to myself "Ok, so I'm leaving in a couple of months..." Little did I know God had different plans for me.

I moved to Kočevje on Saturday, August 31. God completely changed my heart about ministry in Slovenia and Kočevje. I was praying and thinking about different things during the summer.
 

Kočevje is a small  town of around 10.000 people. Church here is growing tremendously (more than 500% growth in the past 5 years). God is doing amazing things here. Hearts of people are open, they want to know more but there are also very strong spiritual strongholds, which is connected to the past.

The Lord provided a place to stay for a month or two, and I'm in a search of an apartment.
I am slowly starting to fit in the town and the community here. I've been partially a part of it for a good year now so it's not all new, but living here is different than just visiting once a week.

We started our youth group this past weekend. We did a big "welcome back to school" party for everyone. 9 kids showed up and we had a lot of fun. We're praying more will come since we had 30 come to English Camp from Kočevje.

As you can see, our youth group contains mostly girls. We are praying for more boys, like everywhere else in the country :)

This year we will have Junior High youth group on Fridays and High School group on Saturdays. I am so looking forward to study the Bible with the youth, to talk about things that are hard to understand, to get to know each of them better...
This is going to be a good year!

Prayer requests:
- Quick adjustment to the new environment
- Lord's wisdom + guidance in ministry
- Financial provision
- Finding an apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment