Saturday, March 20, 2010

An answered prayer

I've been praying to God for a change in some areas of my life and one of those areas are my relationships with people I thought are good for me but actually aren't.

I've been singing in a rock band for 3 years and in the past year our band changed.
We changed.

Well.. I changed.

I see things differently now because I have God in my life + Holy Spirit in my heart. And that changed me a lot. So.. Girls from our band (yep, it's a girls band) just didnt understand me and sometimes they made fun of my believes and fun of God. It hurt SO much to just sit there and listen to them. I prayed to God to forgive them for they don't know what they're talking about. I tried to tell them about Him but I didn't get anywhere.
So.. I prayed for a change in that area of my life. I didn't know if I have to do something or something will just happen..

And today my prayer has been answered. I didn't have to do anything but agree with what they wrote and I did. So.. I got out of the band. Just like that :)

It's a huge relief and I feel free. I really do. I'll miss singing but I'm sure the Lord will take care of that, I'm sure He'll give me something better.. something that's the best for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm as happy as the next person that you got out and I can relate to how you must be feeling (in the sense of liberation), but...

    truth be told, I never mocked you for your beliefs... if anything I tried to be as supportive as possible, given my stance on the issue, so... I kinda consider this a bit of a slap in my face... just thought you should know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I put you all in the same basket but what I wanted to tell was that the feeling wasn't right anymore.
    I didn't go in detail about things but just explained how I mostly felt.
    So, I'm really sorry I didn't include all the things but I do have to admit that you were + are the only one who supported me and I'm SO thankful for that because if it weren't for you, I'd probably get out of the band sooner and with a lot of misery. Now I'm just thankful for all the experience I got and I moved on.

    I'm sorry you felt left out and I'm sorry you felt the words as a slap in your face. It really wasn't meant to be understood like that but a lot of people don't know ANYTHING about my life before + this HUGE thing happened and I wanted to share it. So I didn't go in detail.

    Again, I'm sorry.*

    ReplyDelete