Saturday, March 20, 2010

An old email

In 2006, Anna, my best friend, went back to the States for 5 months to raise money so she could come back to live in Slovenia and while she was there, we emailed each other all the time. She was the best friend to me and my guidance that lead me closer to God. Her emails were my comfort when I didnt know how to find it in the Lord and they meant a lot. They still do.

(Johnny, Anna and I at English Camp in Austria, 2005)

I've been "cleaning" my old emails and I found ours. It's funny to read things we wrote 4 or 5 years ago. It's hard too, because I feel the pain I felt back then.

Anyway, I want to share a part of one email she sent me on January 23rd 2006:

..do you remember how precious and valuable you are? do you remember God wants to give you color? do you remember what your name means? that's WHO you are! Mana, sometimes when I think of you I see how you trudge along in this field and the bushes are all up over your head. You can't see and you're getting dirty and scratched up and distracted by the stalks of grain that are poking you. Sometimes you get stuck in big holes or puddles that you get you all muddy. But I LOOK FORWARD to the day when you realize that you don't have to be there. That you actually have wings that you haven't even tried out yet. I don't know if you even know that you have them. But if you believe in Christ--that's it--then you have his Spirit living inside of you.
I think one day soon, or maybe already, you'll just realize there's got to be MORE. Life has to be MORE. And you'll start flapping your wings. And it will seem really awkward at first. And you'll knock down some of the brush that's around you. And people will be confused and upset that you're not living the way that they want you to live. But for some reason it won't matter to you anymore. And BEFORE YOU KNOW it you'll just FLY! And you'll see things differently. And stuff that didn't make sense will be clear.
And you'll be FREE.

That's the day that I'm waiting for.

I pray for you.

I love you.

AND I CAN'T WAIT!


That time has come. I'm flying and people are upset and confused and they judge me. But it doesnt matter. I'm FREE! :)

6 comments:

  1. That time has come! and it makes me so glad that I'm crying :) I love you and Anna and thank God for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have absolutely no recollection of writing that...but isn't it amazing that it's true! Jesus is the way, the truth and the life... :) I love watching that truth unfold in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz,
    I'm glad that time has come, too :) The Lord is showing me miracles of my new life every day and I'm so thankful for that.
    I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    I'm a person who keeps all the stuff from many years ago (well, I try doing that) and it's great to read old emails and remember things + see the progress that's been made.
    Thank you for being my friend!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori,
    thank you for your comment. I'm glad you're reading my blog* :)

    ReplyDelete