Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A big day

I talked to Dubravka about Bible Colleges last week and she suggested Metka and I should go and see Calvary Chapel in Hungary. And that's exactly what we did :)
We went there on Monday and we left Ljubljana at 7am. It was rainy and cloudy and blah but we were excited!

Metka with our map - homemade ;)

We stopped in Celje to get the green card for the car and in Lendava to get vingette and some hungarian money (which took us 30min because people in Lendava have all the time in the world :) ) so it took us around 5 hours to get to the school. Shaun, the school registrar, met us at the parking place and took us to the main building where we ate lunch (yummy!) and talked (it actually took us almost an hour to finish our lunches because of all the talking) and got to know each other a bit. I was SO nervous and quiet for over an hour and I'm really thankful that Metka went with me and asked all the questions. I knew mostly everything she asked because I read everything about the school on their website but it was still good to hear it and process it.
After the lunch Shaun took us to the coffee shop on the second floor and introduced us to the director of the school (he was really nice and funny) and to Vivien. She studied there for 2 years and is now finishing a year of internship and she comes from Hungary. She took us on a tour around the castle and told us a bit about the history and the program and she answered some questions that we had (I got relaxed during that tour so I started talking and asking questions :) ). The whole building reminds me a lot of the castle in Austria where we have our English Camps and retreats. It's really pretty, historical, fancy and the smell is exactly the same as in the castle in Austria. Nice :) + the library is AWESOME!
After the tour we got together with Shaun again and he introduced us to Lyn (I have no idea how to write her name but that's how she said it) who is a school teacher and teaches children of pastors and missionaries who live on the campus. She was so open and warm and she talked about a family that's moving to UK in a week and she started crying and it was a really touchy and intimate moment. Metka and I were kind of surprised because she just met us. It was kind of unusual but in a good way. I'm glad she' gonna be there next year :)
We got to know some other people who were at the school and then we went to see the huge property around the campus. There's a pool, a volleyball court, a basketball court, a football court, a lot of walking paths, a lot of benches, a lot of places where you can "hide" and be by yourself or spend time with God or do your homework. NICE :)
Then Shaun walked us to our car where he prayed for us and gave us a hug which, I think, was a very nice gesture.
So.. we left school at 4pm. We talked about the impressions, pros and cons and just processed a bit together. We stopped by at Tesco's and went shopping for things we can't get in Slovenia but it wasn't a very big Tesco so we didn't buy a lot (for those of you who don't know what Tesco is - it's a store with grocery stuff - like Mercator or Hofer. I know it from UK and Metka knows it from Ireland and we don't have it in Slovenia, that's why we were so excited to find it!).

This is us in a car on our way back. Tired but thanks
to candy, full of energy :)

Before we got home, we stopped by at Metka's house in Blagovica and I got to meet her family and some friends when we went for some tea in a local coffee shop.
It was a really nice and big day for the both of us and one of the questions Metka asked me on our way back was "So.. do you think you'll go to this school?" and I said "Yep, I think so".
I got a good feeling there and I've been praying about it for almost 2 weeks now and God didn't tell me or show me anything that would say this school isn't THE school.
I'm sending emails to all 3 schools today, telling them about my decision. It's kind of hard for me to actually realize that I'm really going there for at least 4 months because of my bad experience with UK a year ago. I know people and everything will be completely different but it's still a foreign country and I'm going alone. I trust God this is right for me and I'm so glad He's with me in this huge part of my life, I could never imagine how to get through this by myself.

I would like to ask you to pray for my courage and trust in Him. I'm having a lot of attacks from the enemy in all sorts of ways and even though I'm fighting back, it's very hard.

Oh, I'm glad summer will be super busy so I'm not gonna have time to think about September that much :)

We got to see a bit of the sun by the end of the day and finished our trip perfectly

2 comments:

  1. My journal on May 31: Mana - Give direction & continue to transform her thoughts and being. I was praying for you again this morning - didn't know it was going to be such a big day for you! (my morning - your afternoon) So glad for Metka being with you!! Is the school in Budapest?
    Love you, dear sister!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz,
    thank you for praying for me, your timing was perfect!
    The school is in Vajta which is an hour and a half away from Budapest, in the middle of small towns and villages.
    I'm really glad Metka went with me too, I can't imagine anyone who would be more perfect for that day.

    How are you + how was your mission trip to Albania? Did you manage to go because of the cancelled flights?

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete