Friday, November 26, 2010

Things are moving..

Before I left Slovenia, Dubravka said she would like to contact my parents so they can have tea or coffee sometimes and just get closer since I'm a part of the church now.
Dubravka just sent me an email yesterday, saying that they contacted my parents and are waiting for their reply and their answer if they want to come for coffee and cookies.
I talked to my sister yesterday and asked her if my mom and dad mentioned anything to her about it because they didn't to me and she said they did and that they're thinking of going tomorrow afternoon/evening.
I know my dad doesn't trust Zvonko at all. He has known him for a long time because they worked in Telecom together for many years and then Zvonko quit his job there and became a full time pastor.
They don't know why Zvonko and Dubravka invited them and they're nurveous. It's huge thing that they even said they're going.

Please, pray that their hearts would be soft and open and not hard and stuborn. Please pray that they will see how great Zvonko and Dubravka are and that they are only people, just like them.
Please pray that they would see a difference between themselves and Zvonko, Dubravka, me.. and people from church. So they will see what we have and what they don't.
Please pray for protection of Zvonko and Dubravka's heart, for wisdom when choosing words and topics to talk about, for courage and boldness to say something even if it's uncomfortable, for love they're going to show to my parents and for just a nice time.. pray they're going to enjoy the time together, watching the snow outside.
Please pray for my mom specificly. Pray that she wouldn't be careful of her response because she would be worried of what my dad things about all of it. Pray that she would stand for her own opinion and follow her own choices and not my dad's.
Please pray for my dad specificly. Pray that he wouldn't terorize my mom and wouldn't attack her with words and judgments, please pray that his heart would change and that he would be able to see the difference. He's seen the difference of my old me and my new me and he likes it. Pray that he'll see the difference in other people too.
Please pray that my sister would go with them because my parents would feel so much more comfortable if she would come along. She's a part of our Christmas show now and she knows Zvonko and Dubravka more than my parents.
Please pray that God's hand would be upon the visit and that He'll have things under control.
I trust that He knows what He's doing. This visit is an answer to my prayers for them. It's an unusual answer (that's so God :) ), but it's an answer. And it's another step in faith for me.
Please pray for peace in everyone's hearts.

I'm really excited and scared at the same time. I keep thinking of fearful things, I keep thinking how is this going to effect my relationship with my parents.. but I am excited. My only goal is to follow Jesus and if that means that I won't be in a good relationship with my parents for some time, so be it. But I have hope and I believe wonderful things will happen.



p.s. I'll update my outreach to Finland soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment