Thursday, November 18, 2010

We're leaving for Finland..

.. in 2 hours and a half!
We're super excited and also scared (at least I am) but I know + believe that God wants us to go and He'll take care of us. He has been with me and the team since the beginning; with the tickets (only 50€ for a round trip to Finland!), with organization, arangements.. everything.
We're leaving Hungary at 6.30am and landing in Finland at 10am. We'll settle in and have a mini tour around Turku, the city where we're staying, and in the evening we'll have a group prayer meeting with some worship and fellowship.
We'll gather on Saturday morning, eat breakfast together, do devos and some worship and then go to the mall where we're going to do gospel sharing. We'll eat lunch and then go on the streets to evangelise some more + to the students' village as well.
We'll have some free time then, dinner together and some fellowship with our + Finnish team.
On Sunday we'll go to church, do some work there, then go and cook a meal for around 50 people, have dinner later together, hang out, talk, have fun and close up with a prayer.
We leave on Monday morning; the plane leaves at 10.30am and we land in Hungary at 12.05pm.
That's gonna be our schedule and we really are excited.

There are 6 guys on the team and 2 girls and it's gonna be interesting and a lot of fun :)
Please pray for safety on the plane, for no complications at the airport, for unity in the team, for serving + open hearts. Pray that we'll listen to the voice of God and do whatever He'll ask us to do. Pray that we'll be reminded of the truth no matter what and pray that God will be our shield of protection before spiritual attacks.
Also pray for the church in Finland; that we're gonna be a huge blessing to them and that we'll be able to help them in any given way.

We had church service today and pastor Bud was sharing about Revelation 3:7, where Jesus speaks to the church in Philadelphia. He doesn't correct them, He tells them good stuff. Bud also shared about a missionary, David Livingston. He always said: "God, send me anywhere you want me to go, just be with me." and when I think of this sentence.. I want the same. And right now God is sending me to Finland. It's only for 4 days but He was clear and I know He's the one who's sending me there. And I know He's with me. He promised He would never leave us alone and He doesn't.
I am so thankful that He is my hope now.
I'm thankful I belong to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment