Monday, April 11, 2011

Slovenia, here we come! + things I learn daily.

It's almost time for our 10-day outreaches and I’m super duper excited we’re coming to Slovenia! We’ll be mostly around Celje and that area BUT we’re also coming to Ljubljana for a day, yay!
I have no idea about the schedule yet but I know we’ll be busy. We prepared the “Set me free” skit and we had our Simply Jesus workshop today, reviewing how to share the gospel on the streets and with the kids.
We’ll be arriving on April 15th, Friday evening, and leaving on Monday, April 25th. It’s 11 of us on the team, mostly Americans; our leader Jemma is from Australia and we have a girl from Finland as well. And me :)
God started opening so many doors with Nick Vujicic coming (even though I was reading articles about him now that he left and I’m not very pleased how people view the events…) and we get a change to continue talking to people about God!

We’re right before our finals so we have work before we leave and we’ll have some finals when we come back from a 10-day. Otherwise it’s only 1 good month left of school and then I’ll be coming home!!! I’m excited for that as well, and for the summer!

I’m hoping God will open doors for me to get a job so I can help with English Camps and summer activities but for now, I’m just waiting on Him and trying to be patient and trusting. He has always been so faithful and has given me everything in abundance so I can’t complain or whine about anything!
I’ve been learning so much through the class of Romans and Joshua about Him and my relationship with Him and I’ve been learning about His existence and world views about Him in class of Apologetics. It’s been an amazing semester, full of ups and downs and even though it sometimes seems to be more downs, I know I’m growing. 
 
I’m at the “learning how to walk” stage, an advanced one, and it’s hard. Imagine a baby learning how to walk and his parent has to let him go for a bit… and a bit more… and a bit more… and it’s hard because the baby falls a lot of times and cries... well, it’s the same with me. But it will strengthen me and this time here is preparing me for something in the future, something that God has for me.

I’m learning how efficient prayer is and what it means to spend a quality time with God daily. I’ve never done it before but He’s been stretching me so much that if I don’t spend time with Him daily, I see the difference in my attitude, my lifestyle, my reactions… It was different before because He was giving me a chance to get used to Him, to my new life in Him; you know, He was “spoiling me”, but in a good way. It’s time to slowly grow up and I feel like I’m not ready but I think He knows that better than me.
And whenever I get scared, He reminds me of His promise He gave me when He saved me from death to Life – “Do not fear because I’m with you; don’t be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will lift you up with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
I love His promises even though they come with a command.

He’s awesome like that :)

3 comments:

  1. Good reading, good thoughts. Thanks for sharing what you are learning. Thanks for reminding me of the faithfulness of our loving God. I'm excited for your trip! How great for your team to go there after the gospel was proclaimed so publicly last week thru Nick V! No matter what people say, they've had an opportunity to think new thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see your home country! I know that we are going to have such an amazing time and I am excited to see what God is going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yeah! I relate in regards to the quality time with God. I love the way you put it, too - "quality time" - because it's more than just reading the Bible or saying a prayer for someone. There is something sweet about having deep conversations or really sharing your heart with Him. I pray that you get more and more opportunities for this kind of time with Him, and that you crave and miss it when you don't have it. Also, I am praying for you and the team in Slovenia. :)

    ReplyDelete