Friday, April 01, 2011

An unfriendly visitor

I live in a big room this semester, and my bed is in the corner of the room so I can have more privacy, I can go to bed earlier without anyone bugging me…

2 days ago I noticed some kind of little dots on my left arm and they started to itch. I talked to a few people and one of them said it might have been from the heat if I slept on that arm. It was a good enough answer so I stopped thinking about it.
Next day, I found a couple more dots/spots on my arm (only on my left arm) and, oh man, they itched so bad! I still didn’t know what was it from but I had an idea it was probably from a fly or some kind of a bug.
I was working in a coffee shop before and I started talking to Rachel, one of my schoolmates, and I started scratching my arm again. She noticed and asked me what I have there and I told her… and then she said IT’S PROBABLY FROM A SPIDER!
I laughed at her, thinking she’s crazy (I’m terribly scared of spiders!) and then she said she studied about bugs (bees, spiders, butterflies…) and that she knows how a spider bite looks like and that my dots look like spider bites. She calmed me down (not!) by saying it’s probably a small spider because my bites are small but that it’s probably there.
I freaked out and she said she’ll go and search for it because she knows where to find it and she said she’ll clean and vacuum all around the bed and the wardrobes.
I stayed in the coffee shop while she was in my room and she got back 30min later, saying “I got it!” My face went white when I asked how big it was and she said it wasn’t that big, he didn’t have big legs… but it was there, on the wall, closer to my feet than to my pillow! She looked everywhere else and she cleaned around the bed.

I’m so thankful she did that but I’m still moving to the top bunk bed, it’s less chance he’ll get me there!

Creepy little monsters, they just come and bite!


P.s. - I have 19 bites on my left arm! How scary is that?!?
P.s. 2 - can you tell I’m freaked out?!?  

4 comments:

  1. Oh groza!!! Jaz te popolnoma razumem jaz bi tud cist ven padla! No sem vesela da je urejeno s tem pajkom in da kaksni sorodniki njegovi ne pridejo na obisk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sej se selim na drugo pojstlo in na zgornji del pograda :)
    Baje da sorodnikov ni zraven - baje je bil bolj baby spider in sosolka je rekla, da ko so majhni, gredo stran od mamice, ker... jo pojejo!
    Mislm, da vem 3x prevec podatkov o "njih" - I don't even want to name them!

    :)

    Vse to je priprava... Bog ima smisel za humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Mana! I would have freaked out too! So glad that your friend found the spider - what an AWESOME friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm surrounded by amazing people here :)
    I moved to another bed on the other side of the room and I'll be sleeping on the top bunk bed now, so there's less chance that the spider can get me :)
    God really has a sense of humor.. :) I know He's preparing me for certain things and you know, one of them is to get used to the spiders... :)

    ReplyDelete