Sunday, June 12, 2011

Living in Celje

It's been 4 days since we arrived to Celje. Margaret and I are staying at Maja's house; she's one of the rare Christian students here, she's 17 and she gave us her room for a couple of weeks. Her family's not saved yet and it's great to be here with her, to shine Jesus with her and be a blessing to her family. It's not easy and it's not hard, it's just... different and still a bit awkward at some moments; it's only been 4 days so that makes sense. But they're all nice to us and they have the best coffee maker! :)

Our start of the summer internship is kind of low key, flexible... We don't have a lot of students to hang out with yet but we're preparing for camps (English lessons), we did some promoting (we'll do a lot more in the next 2 weeks) and we're trying to serve and help Johnny and Brooke.

Miha, one of the guys from the church in Ljubljana, is thinking of going to Bible College in Hungary but he wants to check the school before he applies there so we're going to Hungary tomorrow for a day! I'm super excited because 1. roadtrip, 2. I'll get to see my friends, and 3. Miha might be my schoolmate next semester! It would be amazing to have a Slovene person there and I can really see Miha growing at school and deepening his relationship with the Lord.
I'm so excited! :)

We'll be doing a lot of promoting for English Camp on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We're praying for 60 students to come to camp and we know God is capable of bringing them. Would you pray with us for them?

I love life in Celje right now. It's definitely stretchy but it's also a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll learn a lot and I can already see God teaching me how not to be selfish. One of the hardest things this summer is and will be not having home/living out of a suitcase/being flexible and spontaneous. I'm a person of a routine, I'm organized... and right now there's no way I can be organized and that bugs me :)
I'm glad I'll learn how to be more flexible and how not to worry about every detail because that's what ministry is! I don't know if God's calling me somewhere but I do know everything is a preparation for something.

I wonder... :)

 Interns 2011 (Ben, Gwynne, Danny, Margaret, Mana, Evan) and JV babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment