Sunday, August 21, 2011

The past couple of weeks

After the internship program finished and we had everything prepared for Performing Arts Camp, I went to the seaside with my parents. We spent 5 days at Croatian seaside, enjoying the sea, the hot weather, and playing card games with especially my mom. She loves them and I love them as well; I must got passion for it from her.



They took me to Ljubljana on Friday and I jumped straight into Performing Arts Camp! It was an amazing week of hard work, having fun, learning new things, being stretched out and loving each other. We really became one big family, and students were able to see and feel God's love through us. We had our first performance last night and we have another one tonight. It was so much fun but also nerve wrecking! God (and Katka :) really challenged me this year since I'm acting in a Slovene sketch. This is my first time acting and I must say I'm enjoying it, even though I resisted it at the beginning. I also sing a duet with one of the students, in a song called He Still Loves me by Beyonce and Walters from the movie Fighting Temptations.

God did a lot in my heart during the past week. Every morning our team had a devotional time and one morning Chris, our choreographer, spoke about dreams.
We all have dreams and we all want them to come true. Some of us want to finish school well and get a good job. Some of us want a family and a calmer life. Some of us want to serve God no matter what.
I have my dreams as well. They're nothing special but they are to me and I want them to come true. To get married, have a family and serve Him. God knows them and it was really hard to think about them because I want them to come true so bad, and it's way easier just not to think about it.

It all comes at the right timing because God is in control of all of it. He knows best, He sees the big picture that we don't. It's not easy to trust Him but it's so worth it.

What are your dreams? Do you believe God has the best for you, even if that's not what you want? Do you trust Him?


2 comments:

  1. Mana, I so appreciate the ways you challenge me in your writing. I also have been thinking a lot about my dreams lately, and I agree; it's hard to think about them not happening. But I MUST trust that God has good in store for me regardless of what it looks like. Thanks for this encouragement. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's where faith kicks in. Thanks for reading my blog and allowing yourself to be challenged. Love you!

    ReplyDelete