Monday, August 29, 2011

Today's thoughts.

Tomorrow's my last day at home before I leave for my final semester.

I'm excited to leave and focus on my relationship with Jesus. I'm excited for a new season and everything God has prepared for me. I'm excited to see my College family again and meet a lot of new people. I'm ready for God to reveal another step of His plan for me.
I'm feeling emotional leaving my parents and my sister because I have no idea what will happen in the next 4 months.

It's my dad's birthday today. 53. Not a big number, even though he thinks it is. My mom bought them a cruise on a boat for 8 days. Italy and Greece. I think they'll love it and I'm excited for them to spend some time on their own, away from home.
I gave my dad a book, The Shack. I heard it's not good to give it to people who aren't Christians because they might understand the picture of God in a wrong way. I kind of agree but I also think every case is different and I think The Shack might give my dad a perspective of God he needs right now. He'll read about a personal relationship with Him, about forgiveness, about judgement... When I wrote him a card with the book I wrote the book is fictional but there's a lot of truth in it. I wrote him that I was confused when I first read it but that I understand it better now and that he can always ask me questions about it - if there's anything that doesn't make sense.

I just watched Soul Surfer. A great movie! I didn't know the girl was a Christian!
I cried a bit, of course... but it made me think about what's important in my life. What if I would lose an arm right now? Or a leg? What if I would lose my sight?

I never think of these things but I should be SO grateful for all I have!



2 comments:

  1. ooo! Mana, your blog looks really pretty! I like the font of the titles. How cool that you gave your dad The Shack. I wonder if he'll read it on their trip. Is it translated into Slovene? It really does have a lot of good things to think about. And I can imagine that it could be really confusing, but also really make you stop and think about life and God and grace.

    Hmmm. Looks like you'll be back at school tomorrow. I hope today is a good day with your family :)

    Love you!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love it too. It's a blue season right now :)
    I wonder how he'll view God after reading The Shack. It's in Slovene so he'll be able to get it all. We'll see...

    Yep, I leave tomorrow. And then we can talk on the phone! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete