Saturday, September 03, 2011

A new season.


I've been back at school for 3 days now and I'm loving it. Everything seems to be a lot different, and a lot is! The system of a semester changed, girls' hallway is on the other side of the castle and there are 90 students who want to study the Bible!!

God put me in a position of a dorm steward and I’m pretty excited about it. Also a bit intimidated. I share my room with 4 Americans and a Croatian. It’s an interesting combination and I’m sure it’ll be interesting, in a good + in a bad way.

We have our orientation today where we sign up for classes, fill out the rest of the papers, take a picture, get our dorm keys… you know, formalities. We also find out what our M199 for the semester is (that’s the servanthood class, the practical side of Bible College). I have an idea what mine is and I’m super excited about it! 

I’m also super excited and thankful Miha is here with me. It’s not that I feel lost here but with him I have a sense a part of home is with me and it helps a lot. We haven’t seen each other a lot since we’re busy with different things but we sit together for a meal sometimes. I think he’s doing great adjusting to this world. It must be hard, I remember my first semester, but there’s a lot of guy students here and I’m sure he’ll be fine. 

We’re going on a class trip to Budapest tomorrow. It’s the 20th anniversary of Calvary Chapel in Hungary, and it’s a big deal! We’ll be helping with kids’ ministry and be a part of this huge event. Afterwards we’re going to a market where we’ll be able to buy some authentic Hungarian stuff, and later on we’ll go on Citadella hill, where you can see the whole Budapest from, and take pictures, do some worship, maybe even a skit… I’m not sure. We’ll be away for a whole day and it’s not going to be easy to get up the next morning and start classes.
This semester I’m thinking of taking Genesis, Women’s discipleship, Biblical missions (and all the other classes I need to take), and I’m still kind of torn apart for the language study. I’m thinking of taking either Russian or Serbian but I don’t know if that’s what God wants me to do. We’ll see.

It’s been great being back, I feel like I’m in a hospital, recovering, and Jesus is my medicine. I’ve been spending some really good time with Him, journaling and praying. He hasn’t been speaking to me directly lately, but He’s been leaving His footprints everywhere. I’m not really used to that but we learn something new everyday, right? 

My prayer request would be that I would remember why I'm here for, that I would really focus on my relationship with Him and that He would be able to teach me a lot. I have no idea what the semester is bringing but it'll be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment