Friday, September 09, 2011

10-day outreach


We heard the possibilities for 10-day outreaches today, and I had no idea where to go. My name was put on the Salzburg list because I was considering it but I wasn’t sure that’s where God wants me to go.
After lunch I talked to one of my roommates about the possibilities and where I’m thinking of going. It doesn’t matter where, it doesn’t matter what kind of ministry; what it matters is who I’m going with (who’s leading it). The more I thought about it and the more I talked about it with my roommate, Serbia kept coming up. Since I’m going to Serbia next weekend for a 2 day outreach, I didn’t want to do both in the same country but Pam, my MTP teacher said “don’t close the door”.
And I didn’t.


This is a part of my email devotion today:

Sometimes God will say, "Yes," sometimes He will say, "No," and sometimes He will say, "Wait." But we can be assured that when we passionately cry out to God by faith, He hears us.

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
- Jeremiah 29:13

At one point I started sharing with my roommate about our 5-day outreach to Leskovac last year and how Serbian gypsy people are so open and how much love is in them… and I have no idea how to explain it but I felt like I need to go to Serbia. I looked at Brianna and was shocked because I felt so good but I would never choose Serbia on my own!

There’s a lot more to the story but I just don’t know how to explain it. But the main point is, I’m going to Serbia twice this semester, and I’ll be learning Serbian language for my MTP studies. 
A bit weird and strange, isn’t it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment