Wednesday, September 07, 2011

The adventures of life at Bible College.

We're in the 3. day school and our schedules are busy! We’re either in class, or we’re doing our servanthood class (mine s coffee shop this semester, yay!) or we’re in a meeting for something. We’re trying to get used to the routine of the semester and of the rhythm of this season, and it’s not easy.
Every MTP students needs to decide on a foreign language they’re going to study in the semester, and this semester I chose to study Serbian. Yes, it’s close to Slovene but not as much as we think. It’s one thing to talk or listen to someone talk in Serbian; it’s a whole different thing to read or write in Serbian, which is what I’ll be doing since I know the language pretty well. I’ll be reading theological books in Serbian and try to practice my talking skills with Arpi who’s our Hungarian pastor (he grew up in Subotica, Serbia).

10-day outreaches are going to be announced on Friday so anyone who’d like to lead or co-lead one needs to be prepared by Friday – where to go, how to get there, how many people can go, how much money it’ll cost…
2 people (2 families) asked me to co-lead an outreach with them. One of them is going to Subotica, Serbia, and another is going to Athens, Greece. I prayed about it and God spoke to me through Micah:
“My people, what have I done to you?
How have I burdened you? Answer me.
I brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery.
I sent Moses to lead you, also Aaron and Miriam.
My people, remember what Balak king of Moab counseled
and what Balaam son of Beor answered.  
Remember your journey from Shittim to Gilgal,
that you may know the righteous acts of the Lord.”

With what shall I come before the Lord
and bow down before the exalted God?
Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has showed you, o man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

~ Micah 6:3-8
I was feeling burdened and stressed out because I had to decide with whom I was going to lead the outreach and where I’m going to go. It really was a burden!
And then He spoke to me through those verses… is it really a burden? He’s done everything for me! He saved me, changed me and my life, brought me to Bible College, provided for me in so many different ways, gave me internship during the summer… what didn’t He do for me?!? And yet, here I am, feeling burdened.
What can I offer to Him? Is anything I offer enough?
What does He require from me?
“To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God.”

I talked about it with a few people and it really seems like God has a different season for me. A season of rest. That doesn’t mean I’ll be doing nothing; I’ll still be in action but in a different form.
Summer’s been crazy. Good, but crazy. I learned a lot, I experienced a lot, I succeeded a lot and also failed a lot. God showed me I’m not ready for ministry yet, that’s why I’m back in my “hospital where Jesus is my medicine”. But I do admit I complained to Him a lot, and I asked for rest and peace. And He’s giving it to me.

I’m not leading or co-leading any outreaches. I resisted it for a day because I didn’t think I can say “no”, but once I accepted what God has for me, and God only has the best for me, peace that surpasses understanding came upon me and I don’t feel burdened anymore, I don’t feel stressed out anymore.
It's a funny feeling, knowing my role will be different this semester but it's also good knowing it'll be easier, in a way, especially when I see people running around like crazy, doing things, like I did last semester.
I'm excited for what God has for me. I just need to remember to go one day at a time and not rush into things I don't have to know about yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment