Saturday, October 08, 2011

He is faithful to speak

I’ve been dealing with a lot of personal things lately, and God answered my prayer and spoke to me one morning when I was having my devotions. I’ve been reading Proverbs, and that morning I read Proverbs 3. 
________________________________________
“Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.”
- Proverbs 3:3-4

I’ve been thinking and asking God how do I please men and Him at the same time, and if that’s even possible. The verse from Galatians 1:10 kept coming up (“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”) and I didn’t want to just please men; I actually wanted to please God first.
He was faithful to answer; if I have love and faithfulness (in other translations is mercy and truth), then I will win the favor of God and man!
________________________________________
“My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline
and do not resent his rebuke,
because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father and he punishes the son he delights in.”
- Proverbs 3:11-12

He’s been disciplining me, showing me what I’m doing wrong, correcting me, and it’s not easy! It hurts, especially because I know He’s right! BUT He let me know why He does it; because He loves me. It’s a parent/child relationship, and I’m thankful for it. But it’s certainly not easy.
________________________________________
When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
for the LORD will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being snared.”
- Proverbs 3:24-26

I wrote about my problem with bugs… they really do freak me out and it becomes a mental thing because I keep thinking and feeling like they’re on me and I’m getting bitten.
It was a great encouragement to get these verses in the morning because I found out later that day that we’re moving back into our room (after one day even though it says to stay away for longer), and I had really hard time dealing with it. God really spoke specifically, saying that when I lie down, I will not be afraid and my sleep will be sleep. It’s been 4 days since that day and I’m still having hard time sleeping. I’m having a bunch of nightmares or some kinds of dreams, and I memorized this verse so I keep repeating it to myself when I go to bed.
But He is faithful to speak and He takes care of me. I love it.
________________________________________
“Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.”
Do not accuse a man for no reason –
when he has done you no harm.”
- Proverbs 3:26, 30

It hurt me when I read this because God really showed me I was treating my roommates wrong. It’s always so hard to be convicted but it’s amazing because it humbles you completely because you know it’s directly from Him. You know what I mean? If my best friend would tell me that I’ve been doing that, I would get completely offended, hurt + pride and judgment would come out. When God spoke, respect and humility came. He even gave us all as a room to talk about things and it changed relationships in our room.
________________________________________
At the end, He spoke one more thing:

“He mocks proud mockers
but gives grace to the humble.”
- Proverbs 3:34

As long as I’ll be proud, He’ll mock me (and I don’t really know how to accept that). But if I hear His voice when He tells me I’m doing something wrong, as long as I obey and humble myself (not just to Him but to others as well), He’ll give me grace.

It sounds so easy but it’s much harder than we imagine.
I’m still grateful for each word He spoke and I’m always amazed when He speaks with such clarity, through written Scriptures, and very specifically!

What can I say?  
He is our God Most High, Blessed Redeemer, The Holy One, Almighty, my Lord, my Savior!

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, Mana...and tells how personal and reliable God is...and how good to be in His Word! That IS where we hear from Him! Thank you for your honesty and encouragement. With love -

    ReplyDelete