Sunday, March 18, 2012

Busy and blessed March

This month has been a month of many open doors, new opportunities and new challenges. And the month is not over yet!

2 weeks ago we started our first Junior High meeting in Kočevje. 3 teenagers came and another one at the end, and we had a lot of fun. We played some games, ate brownies and talked about how God views them now when they aren't kids anymore but teenagers. We read Jeremiah 1:4-10 and talked about how God is the one that sends us even if we think we're just kids or if we think we're not old enough to do certain things - God is the one that judges who does what, and when He sends us, He makes it happen.

1 week ago we started our first Junior High meeting for girls in Ljubljana, only that there weren't just girls but actually 5 boys and 3 girls!! It just so happenned that the invitations were sent to all the Junior High kids who've been going to Kids Camps over the past 8 years and so Metka (my mentor) and I rearranged some things and were ready for whatever and whoever. It was amazing and the kids had so much fun! We played some ice breakers and then had a lesson on why are we on earth (I connected it with a story of a butterfly that CEF uses) and then we played some competitive games with marshmellows (of course they all love eating marshmellows :)

This week we met with Kočevje teenagers again and 5 of them came. For both groups I bring a box where they can put questions in, and then I write a lesson that answers that question and we talk about it. One of the question they asked was "How do you recognize a true friend?". It was an interesting process of me writing the lesson and thinking about it because God taught me a lot through it. It was a good debate with teenagers and I think they really enjoyed it.
2 hours later Metka and I were in Ljubljana, ready for the Ljubljana Junior High. This week we went bowling. 6 boys and 5 girls came - woohoo! We connected, laughed a lot, had so much fun and Ithink we really hit it off! After I went home, I felt so blessed because I see the next generation in these kids - all of them! They are amazing and God really put them on my heart. I love investing in them, going through this process of growing up with them and observing how they're growing and becoming older. I just met this group and I already feel attached to them. They accepted me and I can't wait to meet with them again.

After bowling we went to McDonalds and drove cars... loved it! :)


Over all, God is working in Slovenia and He really openned my eyes to see that. He's been blessing me with many different things and I've been so overwhelmed by His love in the past couple of days that I can't describe it. On top of it, I was able to see Miha (a friend from my church) and some other schoolmates from Bible College today. They came to church in Radovljica and it was so good to see them, hear how the semester is going and see their faces again. I know I'll see Miha again but others are Americans and you never know when's the last time you see each other.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. Please be praying for these teenagers, our next generation of leaders. God is working amazing things in their hearts.

1 comment:

  1. This news makes me so happy! I prayed for a first generation of believers, may God help me pray for the second!

    ReplyDelete