Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New ministry?

A good week ago I talked to one of my friends about prison ministry and how I saw it in other countries but not in ours. I don't even think it's possible to openly do ministry in prison in Slovenia but I never really asked.

This week's Bible Read Through was book of Luke and Acts, and I read Acts in one sit. This was my second time reading Acts; the first time was when I was a 6-month old believer, not knowing anything about the Bible or missions. My view of the book "slightly" changed, if I can put it like that. It was so easy to read it in one take, I loved it! God spoke to me through it and really fired me up for missions again and not just missions in the world but even ministry in Slovenia.

You see a lot of prison ministry in the book of Acts. I started thinking "what crime would get me to prison that I wouldn't hurt myself or anyone else?" Now, I don't want to go to prison but it was a thought. It would be the most natural way to preach the gospel in the prison.
I put the thought aside and went on the bus to the Bible Study. On my way I saw a commercial on the bus, saying "looking for volunteer work? Join us in women's prison to do different workshops, sports... with women there." I just smiled :)

God really put it on my heart to do it. I wrote to the organization, asking for more details, and I started praying that if God would like me to become friends with prisoners, I need to find time. I don't have a lot since my schedule is pretty much booked all week. But nothing is impossible with God! :)

Would you pray with me about this amazing opportunity? I'm super excited and would love to see things move :)


1 comment:

  1. hej ko sem začela brat tvojo objavo, sem prav pomislila o na lpp info sem videla za ženske zapore in pol na koncu vidim, da si prav to napisala :)

    ReplyDelete