Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another week in the States.

I've been back in Maryland for almost a week now and we keep ourselves pretty busy :)

In the mornings Shaunice homeschools Gabrielle and then we always go and do something fun. We either wait for Gus to come home from work and then do something fun or we have the car and drive somewhere. They've taken me to all the stores we don't have - Target, Walmart, Ross, Michael's (my favorite!), TJ Max.. and we usually just window shop :)

Since Gabby is homeschooled and needs some field trips, and I wanted to see some museums in Washington DC, we decided to go downtown and explore all the exhibitions. We were planning on doing more on Monday but ended up only exploring the museum of holokaust. It was pretty amazing and horrifying. I learned about Hitler and the Nazi's at school but never connected it to the Bible. I never connected that Jews that Hitler so wanted to get rid of are God's chosen nation.
Anyway, it was a really good exhibition.
We went to see the National gallery of art of Tuesday, and then the museum of air and space. It was pretty great but we were sooo tired that we didn't enjoy it as much as we could. I also had the original Philly Cheese-stake. YUM! (even though I kind of wish it would be a bit more greasy. I guess Americans like to live a healthy life?)

We're not planning on doing anything special today BUT I am going to a Hillsong concert tomorrow with Ashley Nicole, one of the girls that lives here and is friends with the Aikoo's but we're good friends too. And then on Friday morning... we're going to the beach! :) We're going to spend 4 days at Virginia beach and go to the outlet and visit Thomas Powell's church. Super exciting!

Since I still didn't manage to get the internet on my computer, I can't upload any picture but I will soon.

Living with the Aikoo's has been so encouraging and so nice. When we were still in Hungary, we became really close. I see them as my family and living with them for a couple of weeks has been such a huge privilege. I don't know what God's plan is for all of us but I'm hoping and praying He will call us somewhere together. We'll see :) He knows what He's doing. 

1 comment:

  1. Hej hej! Me veseli da uzivas v ZDA in da imas zasluzen pocitek in treats za duso :) Je kr drugace tukaj huh? :) Pa ful se pazi tele ameriske hrane... vsakic k sem bila jaz na obisku sem prisla domov par kil tezja, ker je vse natlaceno s sladkorji in pa z mascobo zato midva kr doma vse kuhava in zelo redko jeva doma in vsak dan hodiva v fitnes hehe :) pa se sem se zredila par kil! Komaj cakam da vidim se ostale slike :)

    ReplyDelete