Sunday, September 30, 2012

Back in Slovenia

Yes, I've been in Slovenia for almost a week now, since Monday. I can't say I'm back home because I don't feel like Slovenia is my home. I know I'll be home in heaven but travelling a lot and having been around different cultures so much makes me feel like I don't have a home. In a good way!!

My last 10 days in the States were awesome. We went to Virginia beach for 4 days. I saw the ocean for the first time and got to see dolphins!! Shaunice and I were swimming and throwing ourselves into the waves when we saw 2 fins swimming 5m away from us! Shaunice screamed "shaaaarks!" and we RAN out of the water. Later on we googled if Virginia beach actually has sharks, and it does, but we found out big fish we saw were dolphins.





After the 4-day vacation I stayed with the Aikoo's for another 6 days and then left for Slovenia. It was a really hard week, knowing I'm saying goodbye soon. We all felt the pressure of the last week. 
My flight back was very smooth, at least the long one. I couldn't sleep at all, even though we flew overnight. I had an 8-hour layover in Amsterdam and was very tired by the time when I was on a plane again. It was a very rocky flight, that one, we landed right before a huge storm. 

I felt a lot different spiritually in the States. I felt no big attacks, I felt good, there wasn't much fear. I was resting big time, that's true, but the spiritual flow is just different than in Slovenia. As soon as I came back to Europe, and especially Italy and Slovenia, I felt fear. Much fear. After 35 hours of no sleep it still took me an hour to fall asleep and stop being afraid! What am I afraid of here? I don't really know. But I could sense a huge difference! 

I am excited about the new season in front of me. I kept hearing "be faithful in what God called you to do" in the past month and I find that really hard to do. I so long to go to Africa that it's hard for me to be in Slovenia with my heart and my mind but God is warning me before hand to be faithful in what He's called me to do. Thank you, Lord, right? Still, it's hard. Please, pray I would be faithful and obedient in things He gave me to do here in Slovenia. 

There are a lot of changes happenning - one of them is that I am moving out! In January I knew why God wanted me to stay at home - to be His light for my family. It's been over 6 months and I know it's time to move on and start living my own life, with no pressure, no fear and no depression that I so easily become a part of at home. 
I only have a plan for a month so I am pretty much stepping out in faith, beliving God will provide all that I need. Please, be praying for this as well. 

As soon as I came home, fear came upon me about my mom and about my health. My back has been hurting very much and my left part of the body is acting weird (my nerv system is not working like it's suppose to). I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I know God is in control but I am still a bit scared of what's going on. Please, keep me in prayer that God will give me courage, strength and peace to overcome these struggles, which are hopefully only temporary. 

I find out my schedule tonight, I'm very excited! Since I am a full-time student with 2 jobs now, I am sensing it'll be a lot different than what it used to be :) but I am excited. I will try to be a student (for Preschool teacher) if I will be able to go to school and study at the same time as work and do ministry. If I won't be able to, that's okay. I am trying new things and God opened the door for me to try them out. 

Concerning ministry, I am working with Junior Highers in Ljubljana (last year we had 2 groups which we united into one) and with Junior Highers in Kočevje (we started in March and we will be trying different things this year, with different people on the team). I will also be helping out with Sunday school and other kids projects we do. 
In order for me to be a part of Junior High group in Kočevje, I need to start driving a car again, after 5 years of not driving at all. I have a week until I actually need to drive on my own so that's a huge prayer request as well. I've been praying and asking God for wisdom, courage and special abilities for the whole summer and I practised a bit already but now I need to press on. 

Thank you for being a part of my life and for praying for me! Let me know how you're doing and how I can be praying for you! 

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

1 comment:

  1. hey hey! sem ful vesela, da si se mela super v ameriki in si se lahko malo odpocila :) Zame je pa ravno obratno na nek nacin, pac ok ne stanujem vec doma kjer bi me hudic napadal prek moje mami amapk me zato pa velik drugac in mocnejse tuki. Kar je zelo zanimiv ker si napisala da se ti ni zdel da te napada tam. Mislim, da je vse pogojeno s tem kje zivis in hudic to tud ve. AH nekega dne bomo v nebesih in freeee :) molim za voznjo!!

    ReplyDelete