Friday, April 23, 2010

Leaning on Him

There are times in my life when I cannot do something by myself or at least I feel like I cannot do it. I feel powerless and scared and lonely and without confidence.
It probably happens every day and I don't even realize it. But sometimes it's about a huge thing and it makes me feel.. blah.

It happened a week ago and it doesn't even matter what it was all about but I leaned on my mom. I asked her to do the first step instead of me and I'll do the rest when I could do all the steps. BUT I got scared and I asked her to do it.

I was thinking about it and.. you know what? I leaned on the wrong person. I shouldn't lean on my mom. Not because she wouldn't be capable of doing what I asked her to do but because I should lean on God. I should ask Him to help me. Not to do the first step instead of me but to give me power, strenght, confidence and the feeling that I'm not alone and He's right there with me. I should ask Him for help but I didn't.

It happens so many times. Why don't I ask Him for these kinds of things? All I should do is just tell Him what bothers me, to trust Him, to be honest with Him and many times I don't.
Do I not trust Him? I do. Maybe not as much as I should because I'm still working on letting Him closer step by step.
Don't I believe He can manage to help me and comfort me?


I do trust Him and I do believe He can help me and I believe He is helping me all the time. I just have to get used to the fact that I have someone in my life now that I can fully trust and can fully rely on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mana, very good thoughts. It's ok to lean on people, after we lean on him! Missed chatting with you last night. But I always know you have the Holy Spirit as your counselor! Love you,

    ReplyDelete