Friday, September 17, 2010

An outreach

Another week has past by and another weekend is ahead of us. This week's been easier but still not easy. A lot of homework, a lot of thinking, a lot of learning BUT it's great. I see how good it is for me.

A few days ago a guy, a former student of CCBCE came to visit us, his name is Kyle. He is now working as a missionary in Finland. He joined an american couple and they started with Bible studies and now they have a young church of around 40 people. It took them 5 years but that's a lot of people for 5 years.
Kyle was leading Devotions in the morning and he said we can come and talk to him during the day if we want to know anything about Finland. I'm not really interested in Finland but after Devo's I went to the coffe shop to do my homework and I saw him there, drinking his coffee. I asked God if I should go and talk to him and I didn't really get an aswer or even a specific feeling but I went there and talked to him anyway. He told me a lot about Finnish people and their culture and.. you know what? It's a lot like Slovene culture! So, he told me how their church works and what's his job there and then he said there might be a 10-day outreach to Finland and he asked me if I would be interested of going there. I was kinda shocked but I said yes!!
Later that day, right after lunch, a small group of people went to a small town 1 hour away from us to get visas and stuff. I was in that small group and we started talking while driving there and it was a lot of fun. I talked to Ana, a girl from Finland. I told her about my talk with Kyle (they go to the same church) and she was so excited! Then I told her about countries that God put on my heart and one of them is Ruanda, a country in central Africa. We talked about some other stuff too but then she told me that one of the 40 people from their church is a guy who comes from Ruanda and was a part of the genocid that happened 16 years ago.

I don't know about you but I have a feeling I have a lot of pieces of a puzzle in my hand and I just have to figure out if they fit together or not.
It's definitely intersting. A lot of praying is neccesary and I'm really curious what God has for me.

What do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment