Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An update

Nothing much's going on right now but we are super busy with preparations for Midterms and 10-day outreaches. This weekend is going to be super busy but I'm kind of excited. I need someone to help me explain what exactly the teachers want from me for the Midterms but from what I've seen/read, it's not gonna be hard, it's just gonna take a lot of time.
For Inductive Bible Study we're gonna have to dig into the first half of Psalm 119, so into 11 paragraphs. We're gonna have to look for verbs, write down certain definitions of words, explain some things.. a page and a half for one paragraph.
For Gospel of Mark we're gonna have to do a bit of Bible study on it and dig into first half of the gospel, so 8 chapters. We'll observe them and then write a letter to someone from our family, a friend.. who's not a believer and we're gonna have to apply what we've observed in the letter. We're not gonna have to send the letter but it's awesome because we can practice sharing the gospel to someone we know in a way they'll get it + Caleb, our teacher, will see if we got the application part.
For Acts Midterm, Shaun, the teacher, gave us an option to choose between some titles and I chose the Holy Spirit. I'm gonna have to read through the book of Acts, observe + write down how vital was the H.S. to the apostles and I'm gonna have to write down how I can apply that to my life. It's gonna take me awhile but I have time :)

I have to memorize a verse from Mark by tomorrow - Mark 9:35 --> "And he sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all, and servant of all." and tell it to Lynn (because it's a part of our servanthood and she's my supervisor). I'm excited to start learning verses; I'm not gonna do it if I don't have to and it's great that they kinda "make us" memorize it :)

There's another thing going on but NOTHING is official yet. Since Finland is not one of the options for the 10-day outreach and I really feel I have to go there, I told that to Lisa who's in charge of missions. She thought that'a a great idea and now she kinda wants me to lead a 4-day outreach to Finland :) I sent an email to the pastor and a former student of CCBCE who's there now, and asked if we can come. I'm waiting for their answer right now.
I feel so scared because I've only been here for a month and people who usually lead outreaches, are interns. I've never done it before but I have all of these wonderful people helping me, directing me + most importantly, I have God directing me and I know He's holding my hand. I'm not alone :) (btw, LOVE the feeling of not being alone :) ).
I'm not really sure why He wants me to do this but I trust Him. Well, we might not go, it depends if they need us but people said finnish people are always excited about students coming for an outreach to their church.

We'll see how that works out. I'll sure keep you updated :)

I love being here because I'm growing in my faith, in my trust in Him and I'm getting to know how amazingly wonderful He is. It's really hard but it's SOOOOO worth it! He's worth it :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You have a LOT of work to do! It sounds SO rich and exciting...and like it'll take a LOT of energy. Mana, I love that you get to be studying this stuff. Isn't it wonderful? And I wonder what will happen about your Finland trip!! Hmmm!!! Do you want to talk sometime? I think I can talk this weekend. Can you? On the phone? Do someone have vonage? Or online?

    I love you!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS so worth it! Wow, you are really digging in the Bible! It so great to get to know your way around and then think and apply what you are learning. I am so happy for you + I keep praying. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna - Yeah I want to talk! We have a phone here from which I can call to the States; it costs 3,5€ for around 100 minutes :)
    awesome! Can we talk on Saturday? I'll be here all weekend so you tell the time :)

    @Liz - Yep, I'm digging in the Bible :)
    Thanks for the prayers!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there girl! Sounds like you've got a lot of GREAT work ahead of you! Hondo will be so proud of all of that Bible Study Methods work =)
    You are on my mind for sure. Keep up the good work and WOW about all this Finland stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Trisha. Yep, a lot of GREAT work ahead of me :)
    You're on my mind too. I'm following your blog and I'm so excited for you two!!*

    ReplyDelete