Friday, October 01, 2010

Lost souls

I talked to my sister and my mom yesterday. It was actually my mom's birthday. I'm so sad for not being there with her. This is the second year in a row that I'm not there for any of my family's birthdays.
I asked my mom what she got for her birthday and she said she got a perfume. Every year's the same. I know she is happy that she got something but she was kind of dissapointed because in a way, she doesn't think my dad cares a lot about her birthday. I'm not sure what I think about it but it really seems like he didn't put a lot of tought in it.
I talked to my sister after that and told her about my conversation with my mom and she said that situation at home hasn't changed; fights, stress, fear, no peace, no love.. I feel so sorry for my family. Right now I feel sorry mostly for my mom since it was her birthday and.. you know what? She deserves so much better!
It's so sad that they're refusing God's love. I can't believe that I've been refusing God's love for long 7 years and even before that.
When I think back, I remember all the people who prayed for me and even with me. I remember how those people fought against Satan and shared the gospel with me for so many years. Right before I left Slovenia for Bible College, I shared some words with people from our church and Josh was up there with me. He said that after 6 years, they kind of gave up. They didn't think I would accept Christ into my heart. But I did. And I really believe that my family can accept Him and I believe He is pursuing them all the time.

My heart is crying out to the Lord for all of those lost souls who are wandering around with no goal, with no clue what meaning of their lives is.
I pray that someone would share the gospel with them and I pray their hearts would be open to receive God's love and peace into their hearts.

We had church service yesterday and Paul, the director of the school, talked about Romans 5:1-2; »Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained acces by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of glory of God.«
He talked about a lot of things and gave a lot of examples but one of the things really stood out for me.
He told us a piece of his wife's testimony. I'm not sure when she got saved but when she wasn't a believer yet, she moved to the States (she's originally from Sweden) and went to Calvary Chapel. She didn't have peace in her heart and she had no idea what's the meaning of her life. She didn't know what she lives for and everything seemed to be worthless.
She went to church one day and prayed with someone. She didn't really mean what she prayed for but when she said »amen«, she felt that feeling of acceptance for the first time. She felt at peace.
That's what I've been experiencing since I became a Christian and it's one of the best feelings ever.
I really wish my parents and my sister could feel at peace, too.

Please, pray for them. I know God is working in their lives and I know He'll never stop giving them chances to turn themselves to Him and accept Him into their hearts. But please pray that until they do that, He'll be their comforter and the one who takes care of them.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't great that God keeps after people even when other people give up? Yay GOD!!I'll be praying for your mom and dad and sister too..Love, Liz

    ReplyDelete