Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pecs 10-day outreach

Midterms are done, there was a lot of homework to do and catch up on everything and before we knew it, Thursday came and we're leaving for a 10-day outreach tomorrow!!! Crazy! :)

We're leaving at 8am which is pretty solid (people who're going to Ukraine are leaving at 5am..). We're gonna take a bus and spend all day tomorrow sharing our testimonies to each other and the team of missionaries in Pecs.. we're gonna do some felowship and praying and prepare ourselves for our first day, Saturday.
We have no idea about the schedule but we do know we're gonna go to the old folks home, to girl's university, to the prison, we're gonna have a free garage sale, we're gonna help to feed the homeless people, have a youth night, hang out with high schools in the park.. it's gonna be awesome.
Our team is really big, there's 15 people including a family with 2 small girls. It's gonna be challenging and stretching :)

I'm excited to see what's gonna happen and how the Lord will work through us + in us! We're gonna need a lot of patience and wisdom.
For the last couple of days we've been all feeling a LOT of spiritual attacks and.. it's crazy. My left arm's been hurting for 4 days now without a reason and it sometimes hurts so much that I just want to cry. My whole body started hurting today, it's just sore. I'm not the only one feeling like that but it's so great to know that even though the devil is trying to attack us, he has no power over Jesus. You know.. even if I get sick during tonight, that's not gonna stop me from going. :)

My life is different and stretchy and hard but there are a lot of joyful moments when God speaks to my heart and reveals Himself in the most beautiful and usually unexpected way. I've been starting to get to know Him better, I'm trusting Him more and more every day. He's becoming a really good friend. I really hope He'll become my best friend soon.
I don't think there's any doubt :)

Please pray for safety on our way to Pecs and back (btw, Pecs is pronounced Paige), for safety from all the spiritual attacks, for health and unity in the team, for God's amazing work and for wisdom.. we're gonna be doing some street evangelism as well and I've never done it before. It's gonna be pretty much challenging and different but please just pray for boldness and courage and for Him to have a hand on the whole outreach.

This is gonna be awesome!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so right! It is going to be awesome! :)
    Go remembering how precious every person is to God. Including you!

    ReplyDelete