Saturday, January 29, 2011

January

There's a TV show called One Tree Hill that I've been watching for several years now. I love it; it's real, emotional, scary at moments… it's one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.
I started watching the 1. season again where everyone is still 16 years old, in High School, doing stupid things. There's one girl, Haley, that I really like. She is always being herself and she's ok with it.
It brough me thinking of myself when I was 16. I was depressed, covered in darkness, not being able to see the light and the bright future ahead of me.
If I could go back, I would change things. I would change me.
But here I am, 22 years old, a Christian, but still depressed. Not always and not in the same way, but I'm still not doing anything with my life. Yes, I leave for College in just a few days and my life rythym will change. I'll be busy and that will help me with my emotions but I remember having a routine when I was 16 and I still have it, I still live it. How do I move on? On some parts of my life, I did. The biggest one was that I accepted God and became a Christian. Don't get me wrong, it changed me a lot. But one part of me is still right there where it was 6 years ago.
It buggs me a lot. Sometimes I think getting married will change me or… moving somewhere else. It might be true. If I go to Africa for a while, that'd be a huge change and I bet I won't have the same routine anymore. But I'll find another one.
I know I have to change myself. And I know I have God to help me with it because I'll never be able to do it on my own. Yet.. Sometimes it just seems like I won't make it.

Blah. January.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Romans 7 kind of day. Which means God is doing stuff in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read Romans 7 and I agree. It is that kind of day in so many ways.
    I think God is always doing things in my life, He is always trying and I keep letting Him down. It's the same with all of us. We are so unworthy of His attention, care, love.
    It amazes me that He keeps loving us and taking care of us. I can see the unconditional love!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete