Monday, February 07, 2011

The beginning

Today was the first day of classes, woohoo! I was really excited to finally start with them because of the very boring weekend. We didn't really do anything except listening to the rules and stuff which I've heard at the beginning of the last semester.
We had registration on Saturday and I chose these classes:
- Romans
- Apologetics
- Joshua
- Spanish language
- Missions leadership
- and all the other ones that we all have..
.
We had the first class of Romans this morning. Our teacher is the director of the College and he's an amazing teacher. He told us what he expects from us and it's not that bad. He did an introduction of Romans and I already love it!! Last semester he was teaching a class called Life of Paul and since Paul wrote the Epistle to Romans, he knows a lot about his life and the history of the Epistle.

My M199 class, the servanthood class, stays the same as last semester. I'll be working with Lynn with kids but this time I'll have a lot more responsibilities and more work! College has a lack of interns this semester so I'll be kind of like an intern to Lynn with Childrens ministry and teachings. At first I wasn't that excited because I wanted this semester to be different but I think God is trying to tell me that I should work with kids (I was questioning this because I wasn't sure if I really want to do that kind of ministry). Some students might think I have a huge privilege to work with Lynn and the kids (which I do!!) but I think they might think I don't really do much. I don't really care what they think but my servanthood class started today with cleaning children's toys :) I do everything Lynn asks me to do which is literally everything. I'm ok with that because the work is dynamic and I don't get bored but I just wish people here wouldn't think I don't do a lot.

God's been putting Slovenia on my heart since last August. We were at the Performing Arts camp and I had a discussion group with a bunch of girls from Velenje. They told me some pretty sad things and I couldn't stop thinking about them. I started praying about Velenje and then got an idea of making an outreach there. I can't really lead an outreach to a town where there's no church, especially no Calvary Chapel church but there is one really close - in Celje! During my Christmas break I went to Celje to Calvary Chapel church and talked to their pastor Justin who's been a student and an intern here at this College. I told him that God put Velenje on my heart and that I'd like to lead an outreach to Celje and their church because there's a lot of young people in Celje from Velenje (they go to school there). He told me they'd love to have us and that if we come for 10 days, we could do stuff in towns around Celje as well, which means we might go and do stuff in Velenje! This is very exciting because I've never been to Velenje before and I'd love to go!
When I got to College, I talked to Lisa, the lady who takes care of mission trips, and she said she has to get an approval from the pastors but there's a good chance I might organize + lead an outreach to Celje this semester! :)

I think my relationship with God got better since I arrived back to Hungary.. partly because of the Christian bubble we're in, partly because we're always a part of worshipping God, talking about Him and learning about Him. It doesn't really matter what you do here, it's all about God and that's what I love the most about Bible College.
We've all been feeling pretty tired, we're not sure why, and I've had a feeling for 2 days now that I'm getting the flu again because of the pain in my body. I'm trying to rest more and go for short walks to get some fresh air. I really don't want to get sick so that would be one of my prayer requests; that my immune system would be strong enough to go through this and keep me healthy.

I'm really thankful to be back at College. It's such a huge privilege and I still sometimes wonder how did I deserve to be called here.
God is amazing and graceful.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't able to take Gospel of John because it's at the same time as Missions leadership and I think it's good that I didn't take it because I briefly know what's going on in there but have no idea about other books, especially the Old Testament.

    ReplyDelete