Friday, June 03, 2011

Amazing Race and Intern training

It's been 4 days since we've arrived to Czech; the first day was just hanging out and meeting people but the next day the Amazing Race started. We met our team on the airport (Gwen, an intern who will be in Maribor until December, was already with us) and we had a couple of hours to get to know each other, play some games... There's 3 girls (Margaret from Nashville, Tennessee; Gwen from all over the place since her dad works for a military base; and me) and 3 guys (Evan from Seattle; Danny from California; and Ben from California). So, Gwen will be in Maribor, Evan will be staying in Ljubljana, Margaret, Danny and I will be staying in Celje and Ben will be staying in Kranj where he'll be helping his uncle Todd Hunnicutt :)

Our Amazing race started on Wednesday at 4pm and it finished today at 1pm (well, for our team). It was hard and exhausting but also amazing and unique. Our team is awesome and we were able to see leadership, encouragement, joy... lots of gifts! We were united and after nearly 3 days of racing we were the 2. team out of 17!! :)

Once we were done with the race, we went to the hotel where we're going to do the training and preparation for the summer. We have schedule for each day and the first thing started tonight. Dave Patty, the president of Josiah Venture, talked about the story behind this organization; how it all started, how was God working and answering prayers... and he kind of united the story with why are we going out. He showed a picture of a guy that's getting baptized and told us his story and then he started talking about Manna and her story... it took me 15 second to figure out he was talking about me!! When I was 15 years old and people from Josiah Venture introduced me to our Lord, I wrote something to Anna. I told her I think God is trying to find me and that I hope we'll find each other... I told her that I want to know what's the meaning of life and that I hope God finds me... and more, I can't even remember what I wrote down. Anyway, Dave went on explaining that I'm from Slovenia and that it took me 7 years to become a Christian and that that's the reason why we're doing what we're doing. I looked at Johnny and asked him if Dave knows I'm right in front of him (we've never met before) and Johnny said that he probably doesn't.. and then Johnny pointed out to me and Dave saw me... and they figured that he was talking about me! I was in a shock, especially because I read my own words from 7 years ago again and... it's amazing where I am right now. It's been almost a year and a half since I became a Christian and God has done so much in my life! He's talking to me, He's giving me visions, He's preparing me for something big... and why? I don't know why, I don't know why He chose me. That's a whole another story though... :)
Afterwards Dave prayed and then later on came to me and we met for the first time! :) It really was an honor to meet him and his wife who came to us and wanted a picture of us all. They told me they've been praying for me for so long... and it's amazing to hear that. I mean, I've heard it before and I know how many people prayed for me, but... I don't know. It always shocks me that people are willing to pray for someone they don't know because they want him or her to come to Christ. Prayer is a very powerful thing and I believe I'm here today because of their prayers. Not just theirs but all of yours!!
I would really like to thank you again for not giving up on me OR on God and keep praying, and I want to thank you for supporting me even now that I'm a Christian, and praying for me +for all that God is going to do through me.


I'll be updating my blog as much as I can in the next few days before our summer begins.

We're right where we're supposed to be right now and God has His hand upon all of us.
Don' forget that.

3 comments:

  1. And Todd's nephew Ben will work in Kranj ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Step out of bed to come listen to your blog. We are both crying with happy hearts and thankfulness that God has shown His love to you & you see!! We want to share this with friends if that's OK with you. Happy, trusting summer & congratulations on 2nd of 17!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, thank you foe everything, especially for your love.
    It's ok with me if you show this to your friends.
    <3

    ReplyDelete