Tuesday, August 02, 2011

A time to say goodbye.

Today was our last day as interns in Slovenia. It officially finishes on Friday but we're going to Bovec for a debrief and then straight to the airport on Friday morning.

It's been a good summer. We had some ups and downs, some good and amazing times, and also some collisions and some missunderstandings + some really hard times in our backgrounds. I really got attached to people I was involved in ministry with and it's going to be hard to say goodbye. Maybe not for long... but only God knows that piece of information.

My day was packed today. I went to Velenje where I met a student. After our morning coffee and breakfast she went to work and I went to Slovenj Gradec where I met another girl that I connected to at camp. She's a sweetheart and I'm super excited about our friendship. I caught my bus for Velenje a good hour later, grabbed lunch at McDonalds and went to the train station where I went on a train back for Celje. There were 2 girls from camp on that same train so I got to talk to them for a while as well. Came back to Celje and met another student and had a great conversation and even decided about a Bible study with her! Later on we both joined a goodbye party we had at church - it was a good party and more than 10 people came (which is 1/3 of our campers).

We leave for Bovec tomorrow afternoon and I'm super excited. Bovec is one of my favorite places in Slovenia, probably because I spent 13 summers there at hiking camp.

Even though my internship is almost done the summer continues and there is a lot more things waiting for me in the next month. Exciting, exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment