Monday, October 24, 2011

Back home

We survived our 10-day and got back home safely!

I still didn't process everything but it was a lot different than what we expected. We weren't doing any physical work – we only talked to people and taught English. It was stretchy for most of our team since we’re mostly introverts; Serbians love to hug and kiss (on cheeks), and talking all day long really drained us out BUT we are able to see the fruit in the church, and we’re able to see how God used each of us, what we learned and what came out of everything.

Thank you for all your prayers!


 Sightseeing Subotica
 Left: Danny&Wendy, former students of CCBCE, now missionaries in Subotica
We also ate chestnuts :)
 Fast food palačinke :)
 The synagogue

 The cathedral
 The city hall
 A street in Subotica
___________________________________________________

It feels really good to be back at the castle even though I’m going to miss Subotica and people there.
We’re in our first block week (there’s Inductive Bible Study class going on for the whole week). I’m not taking this class since I took it my first semester so I have more time to work on other assignments.
I’ll also be praying a lot. God hasn’t been speaking about what’s the next step and while on outreach, I got a good advice – take a step, start researching + getting ready for where I would want to go, and if God closes those doors, it means I need to go somewhere else and do something else.
I’ll be praying and fasting this week, listening to His guidance. I have an idea what I would want to do next. I’m not sure if He’s giving me a choice and a free will to choose but I need to seek Him and have more fellowship with Him. Would you be praying with me? It’s hard because it’s a big decision and I don’t want to do something out of His will, I’m always scared of that. Thankfully He always convicts me if I’m doing something out of my own will :)

Also, my sister’s coming to visit me for 2 days!! She’s coming on Thursday night and will be staying until Saturday afternoon! I’m super excited and can’t wait for her to come! She’ll be able to see how I live here and she’ll taste a bit of the Bible College lifestyle. We’ll have lots of fun :) 






 Back in 2009... :)

Just a good month left and I’ll be heading home! It’s going super fast!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your sister is coming! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope and pray Nina and you have a great time together!

    ReplyDelete