Saturday, October 29, 2011

A touch of home for a day

Nina came yesterday around noon and left an hour ago.
We had a very sweet time.

When she came, we went straight to the dinning room to eat lunch, and then to the store (it's 30min away by car) to buy some things - you don't often get a chance to go to the store by car :)
We stopped at a pottery man's house on our way back and bought a pottery pumpkin, and a real pumpkin. Gotta love October!
It's Nina's birthday tomorrow so I gave her a present, and then we were just hanging out. She saw how our everyday is and what we do, how we live. It's a lot different than home, that's for sure.
We watched My Girl in the evening and then went to bed.
This morning we had an amazing brunch and then she left for home.

It was hard to say goodbye, we really are attached to each other, but I'll probably see her in 2 weeks (me and my schoolmates may come to Slovenia for a weekend), and the semester ends in a month.
It's good we have a good relatinship but that makes it hard when you have to say goodbye.

There's more book reports and projects ahead of me (I'm so thankful it's only Saturday). I'm trying to get advanced because the next few weeks are going to be crazy!
Next week is one of the block weeks (there's only 1 class going on for the whole week; 3 sessions per day), we'll have a class of Biblical Missions. I'm super excited but it's going to be a lot of work. After that we have 1 normal week and then Speakers' week, which is intense as well.

Good stuff and God is speaking :)

1 comment: